Who We Are
A Voice for Citizens, A Force for Change
The League of Women Voters of Glenview/Glencoe is a community-based membership organization. Members are residents, taxpayers and voters in Glenview, Glencoe and nearby communities. We believe that in order to make good choices when we vote, we need to be informed about our government. We work together to learn, inform others, and advocate about policy issues.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization. We:
- encourage the informed and active participation of citizens in government
- influence public policy through education and advocacy
- never support or oppose a political party or candidate.
The League ofWomen Voters has two separate and distinct roles:
- Voters Service/Citizen Education: we present unbiased and nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy: After study, we use our positions to advocate for or against policies in the public interest, also on a nonpartisan basis.
Other League Organizations
The League of Women Voters (LWV) works on policy issues that involve many levels of government jurisdiction. We work in concert with sister Leagues, all under the umbrella of the League of Women Voters of the United States.